Mar Azul 18
Beautiful accommodation in Ponta Malongane, Mozambique
This house is nestled in a dune forest overlooking the sea and pristine beaches in front with Lake Sugi behind the dunes. The house is on a safe and secure upper-class development with 24-hour security. It is within 100 meters of the beach via wooden walkways. Also within walking distance from Ponta Malongane and Fredricos snorkeling spot. 7km from Ponta Do Ouro and 14km from the Kosi Bay border. Mamoli is 8km north and the city of Maputo is 110km north. Easy access from either the Kosi Bay border post, Reno Garcia border post (Komatipoort), and Goba border post (Swaziland). Normal driving times from Johannesburg is 7 hours and 4 hours from Durban.
The house is ideally situated for daily trips to the Elephant Park and inland lakes. This double-story house is split into 3 Apartments:
The Main House (top story),
The Family Apartment (bottom story) and The Double Apartment (bottom story). You can rent 1 of the 3 Apartments or the entire house. There are sea views from all 3 Apartments. There is a swimming pool and bar area that is shared by all 3 Apartments. The bar and swimming pool area is downstairs.
Spacious and luxurious. A fully serviced and equipped kitchen. Open plan kitchen/lounge and dining area. There are 5 bedrooms, bedroom 1 has a double bed and bathroom en-suite with a shower, toilet, and basin. Bedroom 2 has a double bed with an en-suite bathroom with a shower, toilet, and basin. Bedroom 3 has 1 single bed and 1 bunk bed, sleep, 3 people. Bedroom 4 has 1 single bed and 1 bunk bed, sleep, 3 people. Bedroom 5 has 1 double bed and 1 single bed, sleep, 3 people. 2 bathrooms for rooms 3,4 and five 1 bathroom is a shower, basin toilet And another bathroom is a shower, bath, basin, and toilet There are 2 sleeper couches and 1 single bed in the open living area. The Main House sleeps a maximum of 16 people. The 2 main bedrooms have air conditioners. 1 of the bedrooms has a portable aircon The other 2 bedrooms have ceiling fans.
Luxurious and homely. Fully serviced and equipped kitchen. Open plan lounge/kitchen area, with an air-conditioner in the lounge area. There are 2 enclosed bedrooms, each bedroom has 2 x single beds that can be converted to double beds for couples. There is 1 bathroom with a shower, toilet, and basin. There is a sleeper couch in the living area that can sleep, 2 people. The Double Apartment sleeps, 6 people.
Luxurious and homely. Open plan apartment. There is 1 double bed and 2 single beds. A fully equipped and serviced kitchenette. The Family Apartment sleeps a maximum of 4 people. There is an aircon above the double bed. They are serviced daily and supplied with toilet paper, soaps, cleaning materials, doom, toilet spray, and hand cream. PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO CHECK-IN AT THE HOUSE BY 6 PM AT THE LATEST.
Please take note that if you are booked in on Mar Azul Estate and have a boat, jet ski, or quad bike, you can park 1 of 2 places, see below: Park at the security gate (bottom of the hill) R300 a day. Park at the top of the hill (communal parking) – free If you decide to park at the security gate then ensure that you have enough cash to pay for the parking on your departure date.
- Swimming pool (private)
- TV (with DSTV/satellite)
- Secure parking
- Fully serviced
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Linen provided
- Family/child friendly
- Sea views
- NO Pets Allowed
WHAT TO BRING
- food and drinks
- beach and bath towels
- toilet paper and soap
- drinking water
REFUNDABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT
- A refundable breakage deposit is payable 1 month prior to arrival and refunded within 14 days of departure: Main House, Double Apartment, and Whole House is equal to 1 night’s stay.
EARLY And LATE CHECK-IN/CHECK OUT
- Check-in is 14:00 and check out is 10:00 am. an R500 charge will be levied for early check-in and late check-outs. No Pets are permitted at any of the houses. Loud music, parties, and functions will not be allowed. House rules in all Estates have a noise level cut off of 10:30 pm. Should you not adhere to these rules owners will retain the full breakage deposit.
House Rules To try and keep everyone safe and happy, please take note of some of our important House Rules:
- The speed limit in the resort is 10km/hr. Please respect the 10:30 pm noise restriction – Loud music is not much fun when you are not at the party.
- No fireworks are allowed. Nearly all of our houses are made of wood and this could go horribly wrong.
- No children under the age of 18 are allowed to ride a quad bike. (Please note that this is Mozambiquean law, not our rules).
- No littering. We know this sounds really obvious, but you would be amazed, and we would really appreciate it if you removed two pieces of rubbish from the beach each time you go.
- No unattended open fires. Yip, we already said it, the houses are made of wood and we don’t want to light up the sky. There is a fish cleaning/gutting station near security. Please use this area so we can contain the smell and keep it clean so you don’t get a fly in your drink.
- For security reasons, all casual labor must be sourced via the Mar Azul Manager. No access card, no entry. Guests must advise Security in advance of any visitors. If their name is not at Security, they will not be allowed access. Abuse of the Security staff will absolutely not be tolerated. They are here to look after us, so please treat them with respect. Thank you – we hope you have a wonderful holiday with us.
Main House – sleeps 16 people
Low season @ R 4 500.00 per night
High Season @ R 5 000.00 per night
Peak Season @ R 6 500.00 per night
Double Apartment – Sleeps 6 people
Low season @ R 1 450.00 per night
High Season and Peak Season @ R 2 150.00 per night
Family Apartment – Sleeps 4 people
Low season @ R 950.00 per night
High Season and Peak Season @ R 1 450.00 per night
Refundable breakage deposit charger to one nights accommodation stay